Monday 28th September – Wednesday 30th September 2020
Wednesday 30th September – Friday 2nd October 2020
I am pleased to tell you that the trip to Woodrow High House will go ahead in September 2020 unless government guidelines change. The new dates are Monday 28th September – Wednesday 30th September 2020 and Wednesday 30th September – Friday 2nd October 2020 when the children are in Year 5. The trip has been split due to Woodrow High Houses risk assessments and social distancing guidance.
We can now take final payments up until the deadline date Friday 11th September 2020.
The procedures that Woodrow High House have put in place are:
- Single group occupancy – We will be the only group staying onsite during this time (this will remain the case regardless of any updated government guidance).
- We allocate the children into bubbles 12 – 15 children.
- Greater continuity of instructing staff will be in place and this will limit the number of people in direct contact with our group. Woodrow have up to 6 staff members they are able to allocate to our group.
- Bedroom capacity – As we are the only group staying onsite, we will be able to make use of more bedrooms, allowing us to space out appropriately. In total, Woodrow have 23 bedrooms, which splits into 18 children’s rooms and 5 teacher bedrooms.
- All lounge areas can be used to help keep bubbles at an appropriate distance.
- Restrictions on dining room capacity with appropriately staggered meal sittings will be in place. Three bubbles will eat in the dining room at once, therefore there will be two meal sittings, with a break in between in order to clean. Each bubble will be allocated a table that they will sit at for every meal throughout the residential.
- A later arrival time is in place for the second group of the week (Wednesday – Friday). An arrival time of 12pm, with a packed lunch as usual. This group will be based in the sports hall (which is large enough to seat 200+ people, therefore bubbles can still be in place and spaced appropriately) until the evening when they will be able to enter the house for the talk and tour. The group will still be able to participate in outdoor activities on the Wednesday afternoon. These measures are in place to ensure the house can be deep cleaned.
- There are adaptations to the activity programme to consider transition times and use of equipment, as well as avoiding groups gathering during breaktimes in common areas such as the bathrooms and water taps.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of the building and equipment during our stay, and a full clean will occur between group visits.
- Increased hygiene awareness for all participants and increased opportunity for hand washing/ sanitization.
If you choose to withdraw your child from the trip, you will lose your deposit as per the policy. If you wish to withdraw your child from the trip, we will need this in writing via email by 17th July 2020. If we do not receive notice of your choice to withdraw your child in writing by 17th July 2020, you will be liable for the full payment of the trip.
Unfortunately, as this is a rescheduled trip, we cannot accept any additional children.
In the autumn term, we will provide more information and schedule a parent meeting in September to go through the final details. A kit list and confirmation of the full programme will be given out at the meeting, and will be available on the Year 5 blog for those unable to attend.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mrs Streeter Mrs Bignell
Year 3 and 4 Phase Leader Deputy Headteacher